Friday, April 24, 2009

A Leap of Faith

Hi Everyone,

I would like to begin by thanking everyone on Twitter who have chosen to follow me.I am working through the replies to my messages.I wanted to leave everyone with a true story involving myself which asked me for a HUGE leap of faith.
The year was 1988 and the woman and her daughter I was with had moved north of Toronto to a nice cedar and glass house carved into the escarpment.We had lived there for about a year and my partner at the time, was a significant part of my spiritual growth.I had just started to channel and still hadn't figured out where I was hearing this guidance from.Was it made up?Was it lower forces?Or hopefully from my spirit or should I say other spirits.
My receiving gift had helped guide us to this house (which is another story) but at this time we were short in cash for our mortgage which was $1350.00.All we had to our name was $285.00. My partner asked "what are we going to do?"I responded that I would go upstairs and ask my spirit guides what we should do.Now I had just started receiving and wasn't sure if anything would come through or not.
A bit of background first.I had been involved in most aspects of horse racing for years but because money was short I hadn't been to the track for a couple of weeks.I hadn't looked at a race form or followed racing in the newspapers, who was the hot trainer or jockey's at the time .I had my session and came back downstairs and said lets go,were going to Woodbine Racetrack.The look on my partners face along with her daughter reflected exactly what I was feeling.Of all times,why would my guides choose now to ask us to bet on horses.My partner challenged me on this but it was her daughter who stepped forward and said if that's what you received we must have faith and follow the guidance.
I shared that I was to bet $20 to win on the number 8 horse in the 1st race and $20 to win on the 5 horse in the 2nd race.Then I was instructed in my receiving to take a $10 daily double 8 with 5 making the total bet $50.00.So off we went to the races.We headed south and the sky was getting very dark as a summer thunder storm seemed to be forming close to our destination.When we arrived my partner said she couldn't stand the stress of betting $50 of the money we had left to our name and said she would walk around in the shopping mall across from the track.So her daughter and myself headed to the track.As we walked half way through the parking lot a terrible thunder storm erupted.Our little umbrella didn't stand a chance of defending us from the downpour.We arrived drenched and headed to the 2nd floor.I didn't buy a race form or even a program and went straight to a betting window and bet the horses to win and the $10 double.The teller looked funny at me and said "did you hear something on these bets"?I had to smile as I replied that I had.
I walked out to the grandstand and took one look at the track and it was like a bowl of soup.My curiosity got the best of me and I asked someone in front of me if I could see his program.To my dismay,all the horses were maidens with most of them having their first start and on an off track to boot.It stopped raining by the time the race started and all 14 horses went to the gate.When the bell went off and the gates opened,guess which horse was left in the gate?RIGHT!!! The number 8.Down the backstretch they ran with the number 8 picking up a few horses to the far corner.By the far turn the 8 was 10th.By the grandstand turn for the stretch run he was 8th of a well spread field.
To this day,anyone seeing that race would have asked "where did the 8 get his wings"?He turned on the after burners and flew over the stretch to win going away by 3 length's!He paid $36.80 to win for each $2 bet which put $368.00 in our pockets.We were jumping for joy and that certainly took the pressure off the next race although we had no where enough for the mortgage payment.
Race 2 was called to post and a 6 horse field entered the gate.The bell rang and the 2,3 and 4 jumped to lead all in a line with the 5 horse tucked behind the 4.They stayed that way to the stretch where the 5 tipped out and passed them all to win going away and paying $7.20 for a $2 ticket.We collected $72.00 for our $20 bet.The daily double paid $185.00 for each $2 bet for a nice $925 catch.Along with the $368 and $72 we collected $1365.00!Bonus...$15 to spare.
We raced back to the mall and shared the news that what I had received came in as spoken and headed home.That was a beginning of a journey with so many other stories supporting that in leaps of faith we grow in leaps and bounds.
I have been a channel now for some 30+ years.I began with tarot cards,then astrology charts and many other means of receiving until the day my guides started to speak to me.Then besides my guides, came the "spiritfriends" a group of evolved souls and then Yahanna,representing a highly evolved group of angels which had waited a long time to connect with me until my vibration could resonate with them without getting ill.
I have only used my gifts sparingly the past 5 years as I felt the crossing of paths justified my receiving the words for them on their journey's.It is now that I have been moved to once again come front and center and share the words received for those that feel moved to ask.Again my task is to surrender and "let go let God".Whether it's to speak to 1 or to thousands again I am ready for the journey and the adventure.

spiritfriends

No comments:

Post a Comment